- Vacuum cleaners
- Wet & dry cleaning
- MultiClean range
Pets. Whether they are our best friends, our babies, or our long time confidants, it’s undeniable that they mean the world to us. But unfortunately owning pets also mean increased exposure to a host of nasties; including allergens like fur and mites. Because BISSELL loves pets, we make sure our pet-friendly products get rid of every last little nasty. Which means that both you and your fur babies can enjoy a happy home, without jeopardising your health or the health of your pet.
And because pets are as special as they are, we’ve decided to celebrate them with not only a cleaner home, but also with a round-up of rather impressive pet-related facts. Giving you all the more reason to burst with pride for your pet.
• When dogs bite down, their mouths exert around 200 pounds of pressure conservatively.
• Fleas can jump up to 200 times the length of their body.
• The degree of effectiveness of a dog’s internal cooling system is directly proportional to the length of its nose.
• The only way a dog is able to release heat from its body is by panting, and the only place they sweat is the bottom of their paws.
• Pets are included in over 50% of family and holiday portraits.
• Cats have no sweat glands at all.
• Cats have one less toe on each back paw than they do on each front paw.
• Dalmatians are born without spots. Their spots develop as they age.
• Dogs can correctly identify the source of a noise in 6/100ths of a second – partly due to the fact that they are able to swivel their ears which function like radar dishes.
• The large quantity of nitrogen in pet fur can increase the amount nutrients in soil. As a result, pet owners have been known to add small amounts of pet fur to compost.
• Sprinkling pet hair into vegetable or flower gardens has also been known to help deter pests, from rodents to deer.
• Cats have better memories than dogs. According to research conducted at the University of Michigan, a dog’s memory can only last 5 minutes at most, while cats lasts up to 16 hours. This means that cats also have better memories than monkeys and orangutans.
• Cats can make over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs can only make around ten.
•Enjoy the best of your pet, less the mess.
Go on, suck it up!