- Vacuum cleaners
- Wet & dry cleaning
- MultiClean range
Be prepared for unexpected messes with the convenience of the BISSELL SpotClean. It permanently removes spots and stains from wherever you find them using water, specialized BISSELL formula, and the on-board handheld cleaning tools with powerful suction.
Emergency spot cleaner - quickly and easily lifts away spots, spills and stains
Permanently removes tough stains with the help of the BISSELL Oxygen Boost Formula
Cleans spots & stains anywhere – use on carpets, rugs, upholstery, cars and more
Heatwave Technology - Heated cleaning, helps maintain the temperature of the water throughout the cleaning process
Slim design is easy to carry and fits conveniently in small places
Removable water tanks for easy filling and emptying
Includes sample bottles of Spot&Stain formula and Oxygen boost formula
|Cleaning surface||Rugs, Upholstery, Stairs, Cars, Spot & Stain Removal for Carpet|
|Water tank capacity (L)||1.1 L|
|Cord length (m)||5.0 m|
|Dirty water tank capacity (L)||1.4 L|
|Hose length (m)||1.3 m|
|Included in the box||SpotClean, Trial Size Formulas, User Guide|
|Noise level (dB)||74 dB(A)|
|Tools ready at use / On board||Yes|
|Tools||8 cm Tough Stain Brush|
|Removable water tank||Yes|
The hose grip bracket snaps into the back of the machine on the clean tank side. The flexible hose then wraps around the unit held into place by the bracket.
All you need is a flat head screwdriver! There is a tab inside the tube that holds the clear cover on. To release it, insert the screwdriver into the tube at an upward angle while pulling the clear cover away. See photo:
Check to see if the tank valve is leaking. The black, round valve on the bottom should move freely when pressed with your finger. If it’s stuck or pushed up causing the solution to leak, try pressing it to come back down.
Additionally, make sure there are no cracks or holes in the tank. Replacing the tank will take care of your issue in either case.
1. Take a look at the whole cord to see if it has damage. If you do find any, for your safety you should stop using and have the cord replaced. Please contact BISSELL to have it replaced.
2. Try another outlet, and if there’s still no power check your circuit breaker.
3. Your SpotClean has an internal thermal protector to protect it from overheating. When the thermal protector activates, the suction motor will stop operating. If this happens try these steps to take care of it:
Let the motor cool unplugged for approximately 30 minutes, the thermal protector automatically resets and then you can continue cleaning. If the thermal protector continues to activate after following the above steps, please contact BISSELL.
1. Make sure the dirty water tank isn't full. You can empty the tank 2 separate ways: The round cap on the bottom or at the black rubber plug at the top; If it is loose or off, it will not allow suction. Check to see if you have regained suction.
2. Remove the dirty water tank. Try checking for suction at the opening below the tank by placing your hand over it.
If there is no suction there please contact BISSELL.
If there is suction pull out the black gasket from the bottom of the empty tank you removed. Check to see if it's sealed, missing, or installed wrong in the dirty water tank; ensure the gasket will open by squeezing open the flat-end, and then reinstall it. The tall side of the gasket should be inserted into the rounded opening (See pictures below)
Replace the dirty water tank, and grab the hose. Check for suction at the end of the hose with the attachment off by suctioning water out of the sink or a cup.
4. The SpotClean has been designed to protect itself from overheating with an internal Thermal Protector that shuts the unit off when it overheats. When the Thermal Protector activates, the suction motor will stop operating. If this happens, turn the machine off and unplug it. Check the hose and attachment for any blockages and remove if necessary. Check the dirty water tank for clogs in and around the plastic tower in the middle. Wait thirty (30) minutes and the thermal protector will automatically reset itself and cleaning may continue.
5. If none of these resolve your issue, please contact BISSELL
1. Be sure the black gasket is all the way in place. If it is not pushed all the way in, into the dirty water tank, it will cause the tank to leak. The gasket can only go in one way.
2. Make sure there is no debris stuck in the black gasket. If there is debris in the crevices, the gasket will not go all the way into the dirty water tank properly and it will cause it to leak. See pictures below:
3. Make sure the separator stack inside the dirty water tank is in place properly. The arrow on the separator stack should be in line with the lock icon on the dirty water tank. If it is not locked into place, the dirty water tank will leak, or it will leak out the bottom of the machine. See Picture below:
Please confirm where the leak is coming from. If your machine is leaking from the bottom of the clean water tank, please see our FAQ regarding the leak from the clean water tank.
Make sure the separator stack inside the dirty water tank is in place properly. The arrow on the separator stack should be in line with the lock icon on the dirty water tank. If it is not locked into place, the dirty water tank will leak or you will have leaking out of the bottom of the machine. See picture:
Remove the clean water tank, fill with water, and see if it is leaking freely (While removed from the machine).
Check to make sure the float in the dirty water tank is operating properly. Empty the dirty water tank and turn it over repeatedly. The float should slide easily back and forth. If the float is stuck in the open position, water can get into the housing of the machine. You may need to replace the float stack if necessary.
If there is NO water in the receiving area, please contact BISSELL.
However, if the leak is actually coming from the bottom of the machine (and step 2 is not the issue), please contact BISSELL.
1. After filling your clean water tank with water and formula, rinse the black cap on the bottom and seat the tank on your SpotClean. The SpotClean clean water tank has indentations on the bottom to help line it up. Press down firmly to secure in position and check gaps between the tank and base of the machine.
With tool removed, check to see if wand sprays by pressing the trigger.
If the wand doesn’t spray, try cleaning the spray nozzle using an unfolded paperclip.
2. Make sure the clean water tank has solution/water in it. Over a sink you can push up on the small black valve on the bottom of the tank to see if water comes through it. • If no water comes through the valve, the tank may need to be replaced. • If water comes through the valve, the machine may have lost its prime. Gently lift the clean water tank while depressing the spray trigger OR gently squeeze the clean tank while depressing the spray trigger.
3. If the wand does spray with the tool removed the tool may need cleaning. You can clean the tool’s spray tip with a brush or a paperclip. Also, check the tool for any cracks.
Did this work? If not…
Suction up several tanks full of warm clean water into the dirty water tank. This will clear clogs from the solution line inside the flex hose. Once this has been done, try to spray again.
If still no spray, please contact BISSELL
Heatwave Technology® provides a constant source of heat to help maintain water temperature throughout the carpet cleaning process.
Do not put boiling or microwaved water into the bladder. Water up to 60 degrees Celsius, and no higher, should be put into the tank.